The best brand leaders target a specific motivated consumer audience and then define their brand around a brand idea that is interesting, simple, unique, motivating and ownable. With our Mini MBA, I will show you how to write a winning brand positioning statement with four essential elements: target market, competitive set, main benefit and reason to believe (RTB). You will learn how to build a brand idea that leads every touchpoint of your brand, including the brand promise, brand story, innovation, purchase moment, and experience. I will give you the tools for how to write a winning brand concept and brand story.
Brand Positioning process
Brand positioning learning outcomes
- Write brand positioning statements
- Define your target market, with insights, enemies, and need states
- Define consumer benefits, both functional and emotional
- Come up with brand support points and claims
- Understand the relationship between brand soul, brand idea, and brand reputation
- Come up with your brand idea
- Write brand concept statements
- Turn your brand concept into a brand story
- Use the brand positioning and brand idea to build a brand credo
One time payment
Graham Robertson is one of the voices for today's brand leaders. As the founder of Beloved Brands Inc, a boutique brand consulting firm, Graham has been a trusted brand advisor to many of the greatest brands around the world, including the NFL Players Association, Shell, Reebok, Slack, Acura, The Mayo Clinic, Miller beer, National Geographic, and Pfizer. In his marketing career, Graham led some of the world's most beloved brands at Coke, General Mills, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson, rising up to VP Marketing. He has won numerous awards, including Marketing Magazine's "Marketer of the Year," BusinessWeek's best new product award, and four Effie advertising awards. His bestselling book, Beloved Brands, is the playbook for how to build a brand that consumers will love. This book is a ‘how-to’ book for any marketer who has to get things done, and set their brand up to win in the market. In 2020, Graham has been named one of the top 10 CMOs by the Silicon Review. Graham's passion is to help prepare brand leaders for success. With the Mini MBA, we will help you reach your full potential in your career.